We provide a comprehensive aircraft avionic service from component testing, repair and installation through to major avionic systems upgrades. Our field service engineers are also available to undertake on-site inspections and servicing.
Our avionic services include:
- Avionic systems upgrades
- Electrical component testing and repair
- Instrument servicing
- Wire harness design, manufacture and installation
- Field service repair and maintenance
Avionic systems upgrades
Our licensed avionic engineers can undertake anything from simple light aircraft avionic modifications through to major mission system upgrades and equipment integration. We have undertaken a number of large-scale avionic upgrade projects in conjunction with primary contractors. These include:
- RNZAF P-3 Orion mission systems upgrade with L3 Communications Integrated Systems
- RNZAF C130 Hercules avionics systems upgrade with L3 SPAR
- Auto Pilot upgrade for RNZAF and RAAF P-3 Orions with BAe Systems
- Strike fighter navigation and attack system upgrade with Smiths Industries
Electrical component testing and repair
We test and repair electrical components for the C-130 Hercules, P-3 Orion, A-4 Skyhawk, UH-1 Iroquois and a range of regional and general aviation aircraft.
Read more about our electrical component capability.
We have in-house capability for testing, repairing and calibrating general, air data and gyroscopic instruments.
Read more about our instrument capability.
Wire harness manufacture
We are set up to manufacture, laser mark and test, wiring looms for aeronautical use.
Read more about our wire harness manufacture service.
Safe Air is an approved repair facility for:
- S-Tec Corporation autopilot systems
- Bendix/King Avionics
- L-3 Communications Avionics (Landmark TAWS systems)