Safe Air operates a one-stop aeronautical design and manufacturing facility. We specialise in delivering ad hoc or short run design and manufacturing solutions in support of major airframe assembly, maintenance and modification programmes.
Safe Air has NZCAA Part 146 (Design Organisation) and Part 148 (Manufacturing Organisation) approvals.
747 Oven insert
- Engineering design and technical services
- Aeronautical engineering (fabrication, machining, grinding)
- Composite construction
- Wire harness manufacture
- Specialist processes (electroplating, heat treatment, etc)
Recent design and manufacturing projects
- Air New Zealand long haul fleet cabin monuments (manufacture)
- PAC 750XL wing spars (manufacture)
- Seasprite SH-2 weapons pylon (design and manufacture)
- Seasprite SH-2 tail pylon refurbishment (design and manufacture)
- Airbus A320 and V2500 engine tooling for Pratt & Whitney’s Columbus Engine Centre (manufacture)
- P-3 autopilot installation (design)
- P-3 and C-130 airframe repairs (design)